Town Mills Craft Centre Ltd, trading as House of Marbles understands that your privacy is important and you care about how your personal data is used and shared both online and offline. We respect and value the privacy and security of everyone who visits this website and who we do business with, www.houseofmarbles.com and House of Marbles will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
After reading this Policy, if you have any queries relating to the safety of your information on the site or whilst doing business with us, if this policy doesn’t answer it, please contact the office on 01626 835358 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Depending upon your use of Our Site, We may collect some or all of the following personal and non-personal data: Name, Business/Company Name, Job Title, Contact Information, Email, Phone Number, Address and Order details. All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR DATA?
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for Our performance of a contract with you, supplying our products and services to you, because you have consented to Our use of your personal data, or because it is in Our legitimate interests. Specifically we may use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing and Managing your account
- Providing and managing access to Our Site
- Personalising and tailoring Our Products and services to for you
- Replying to emails, calls and letters from you
- Analysis your use of Our site and gathering feedback to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email, telephone or post with information, news and offers on Our products or services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003. You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that We delete it. Please contact the office on 01626 835358 or email email@example.com
DISCLOSING INFORMATION TO OTHERS
We will never sell your information or share to third parties, we will only pass on data when necessary to fulfil the operation of our business, activities which you have consented to or to fulfil legal obligations. Your information will only be shared with:
- House of Marbles employees or sales agents.
- Courier companies to deliver goods which you have ordered from us, where we have received satisfactory statements about their GDPR procedure
- Companies such as Mail Chimp who provide email marketing services to you (you can unsubscribe at any time by following a link at the bottom of each email).
- Other commercial companies and/or trade organisations of whom you have requested us to share trade references for your business.
We work with other companies to perform functions on our behalf, including sending e-mails (Mail Chimp) and analysing data (Google Analytics) and VU Online who manage our website. We will ensure that these companies only use such information under our direction to perform these functions, and that they have adequate procedures in place to protect your data.
- For how long you are trading with us and seven years past trading due to accounting purposes.
- Email addresses will be kept in a database (MailChimp) for marketing purposes and can be managed by you/ kept until you opt out (unsubscribe) or 2 years after we see no opens from that email address.
Our servers are on company premises and protected by firewalls, password protected and we have virus detection.
You can chose to delete Cookies on your computer or device at any time, however you may lose information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings. It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
The security of your personal information is of the utmost importance to us. We do want to be fully transparent, we have nothing to hide and we are being very careful with your information. We treat people how we would like to be treated! If you want to discuss your data and how it is stored or have a request to be removed from our databases – please contact House of Marbles, by post, phone or email.